I have to say that this weekend was one of the best I have had in awhile. My wonderful hubby surprised me with a date night Saturday. He knew I was dying to see a Predators game. Just so happens, he scored some amazing tickets for the game against the Detroit Redwings and it just so happened to be one of the best games of the year. Not to mention the fact that our seats were 3 rows behind the glass right beside the goal.
![]() |
| Merchants |
We started off our night with dinner at Merchants. It was delicious. We had planned on going to Margaritaville but we decided on Merchants because it was a beautiful night and we could be seated right away on the patio....AND they had complimentary valet parking.
After a lovely dinner where we actually got in some good, quality adult conversation (which is rare for us due to the fact our son HATES for us to have in depth convos in his presence), we walked down to the game. It was a little early, so we pit stopped at a sports bar so Daniel could have a beer and I could look completely stupid sitting at a bar with a huge, pregnant belly. I didn't mind though.....I simply enjoyed my Sprite on the rocks ;)
![]() |
| Bridgestone Arena |
After that, we headed over to the arena to enjoy the game. We had so much fun! We both really enjoyed the game, and I have to say I am now a hockey fan. It is such an exciting venue and the action is nonstop. Daniel is so cute watching sports because he gets so incredibly into it. I love that about him. He is a passionate person and he really puts 100% into everything he does.
Another person who seemed to enjoy himself was the baby who has yet to be named. Everytime the music would play or a loud noise would sound, the little guy would do a little gymnastics in there. It was pretty darn cute. We cannot wait to meet the little guy.
![]() |
| GO PREDATORS!!! |
The Predators ended up winnng by a score of 3-1. It was a great game and for awhile it looked like the Redwings might take it with a 1-0 score. The crowd was great though and I imagine that the noise kept those players going on to victory!
Well, after the game we headed home. By 11:00 this old, preggo lady is tired and we both crashed. Will had been up literally ALL NIGHT Friday night for some unknown reason so we were both tired to start with. However, Will decided to sleep in until 9:45 on Sunday and for the first time since I can remember, Daniel and I both slept until nearly 10. That NEVER happens!
We had a nice, leisurely Sunday that included a trip to the gym and Home Depot. Then daddy and Will cut the grasss while mommy went to the grocery store (ALONE). Such a wonderful weekend!
BTW, Carlie was not exempt from the weekend. She just spent her time with her new, wonderful friends. The girls she hangs out with here are such sweet girls and Daniel and I are so glad she has found some quality friends. She is having a lovely "staycation" for spring break hanging out and doing the teenager thing. We are so glad she is happy and thriving here. All in all, we are extremely blessed!



I LOVE going to the grocery store alone, that almost NEVER happens.
ReplyDelete