Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Get it OUT!

So my life has changed drastically over the past few weeks. My niece, Carlie, who is 16 has moved in for the summer. While it has been a big change, it has been an enjoyable one and she is settling in nicely. Will LOVES having "Cardie" there and she really helps out whenever I need some extra hands.


Anyway, I haven't had a lot of time to sit down and blog lately, but I had some time today so I decided I would take a few minutes and tell a funny about Will. At this age he is doing funny things on a daily basis, but every once and a while he will really have me laughing. Last week was one of those times.
We have been looking for a job for Carlie since she has been at our house. Luckily, she finally got one, but that was after we spent a couple of days driving around Collierville filling out application after application. Needless to say, Will is not a huge fan of being in his carseat for extended periods of time, especially when the car is not moving. He had to do this a lot on those couple of days, so he resorted to entertaining himself in anyway he could find.

While driving from one place to the next he started whining. I looked back at him and he, of course, had his finger shoved up his nose (I know, lovely).  Our convo went something like this:

Me: "Will, don't pick your nose. It is nasty."
Will: "Get it out, Mommy."
Me: "I can't right now, Will, but when Mommy stops, I will get a kleenex and get it out."
(Did I mention Carlie doesn't "do" poo poo or boogers?)
Will: (whining) "Mommy, get it ouuuuutttt."
Me: "I will, baby, as soon at Mommy stops. I am driving and it is not safe for me to do it now."

He continued to whine for a minute or two more, then I heard a violent sneeze. As I looked back to bless him, I couldn't help but laugh at what I saw. Something had shot out of his nose and was now resting on his lip. It was not, however, the normal product of a sneeze. It took me a second to realize what he had done.

You see, I have to label all of his sippy cups for his mom's day out program. I am not crazy about my handwriting so I always use my label maker on those types of things in hopes that it looks "nice." Well, my little man had decided that it would be cool to peel the label off of his cup, roll it up (to fit his nostrils of course), and stick it up his nose. I guess he really got it up there because he couldn't get it out. Thank goodness he sneezed because I don't know that I would have done anything more than push it up there further if I would have tried to help him get out what I thought was just a boogie. It was so funny to look back and see the "WILL SHERWIN" curled up on his top lip.

It could have been a bad situation, but when Carlie and I realized what had happened, we died laughing. The poor guy couldn't figure out what he had done that was so funny, so he just laughed along for the fun of it. Goodness, I love that kiddo!

No comments:

Post a Comment