I had a blog a couple of years back, but I think I may have posted on it a total of 3 times. Will is now getting to the age where there are things he says and does that I want to have a record of SO I am going to give this another go.
I am also going to use this as a place to get those random thoughts out of my head. I will sit and think about the craziest things and I just need a place to put them. As a stay at home mom, your time with adults is limited. I also hope this will help me connect with some other people out there who just need some more social interaction or just a laugh or chuckle from time to time.
Well.....here goes....
I will start with a funny from my son. We visited my parents a couple of weeks ago to see Thomas the Tank Engine. Will had a wonderful time at the Thomas event and we got in a lot of good, quality "visiting" (as we say in the south) with my family.
My dad has a Big, Green Egg and it is his pride and joy (aside from his grandkids, that is). He loves to cook on that thing and I must admit that it is the best grilling gadget I have come in contact with. Needless to say, our first night there we got mouth watering steaks, and the second night we got fall-off-the-bone ribs. Absolutely delicious!
While my dad was cooking, Will was playing around outside. He knows his colors pretty well, so my dad (aka Pappy) started asking Will the colors things different things around them. The conversation went something like this...
Pappy: "Will, what color is daddy's truck?"
Will: "Black."
P: "What color is Pappy's truck?"
W: "Red.
P: "What color is Pappy's tractor?"
W: "Orange."
P: (as he points to the big, green egg) "Will, what color is this?"
W: "Yummy!"
I love little stories like that, but I tend to forget them after a while. Maybe this will be my way of journaling, scrapbooking, etc.... (all those other things good moms do that I can't seem to find time for).
Later!
No comments:
Post a Comment